Increasingly in modern home andoffice repair the interesting novelty - self-leveling floor. This seamless coating of polymers has an attractive appearance and may have a lot of variety of attractive colors. Another advantage is a fairly simple installation process. In the presence of the most basic repair skills, self-leveling floor is possible to create your own, at home.
Features self-leveling floor
The basis of the composition which is used to create a self-leveling floor is polymer mixture. It is applied to the concrete base or wooden flooring, cement-sand screed or ceramic tiles. Properly set up self-leveling floor is characterized by durability (About 20 years) and resistance to fading. Dust poorly retained on the surface of the floor, providing hygiene and ease of cleaning.
When installing, self-leveling floor, as is clear from itsnames simply poured-on base surface. Congealing, the basis of self-leveling floor creates a thin but durable layer of care which would not require much effort.
There is also a special kind of decorative self-leveling floor, so-called, 3D floor. When it is used a multi-layer assemblystructure having a basis layer with a decorative pattern, topped with a transparent varnish layer. Such a floor can have a fantastic surround design that will give your living room or bathroom stunning style.
Species composition of the filler
On the specifics of the process of its creation, a mixture of self-leveling floor can be leveling and self.
- Levelling Compounds more difficult during installation. They should be evenly spread on the floor surface using a wide spatula, which requires certain skills, and can be quite difficult for the novice builder.
- Self-leveling mixture applied by means of special pumps, whereuponself-spreading over the surface of the substrate, and they are evenly distributed, and create a perfectly flat surface, without requiring user interaction.
Given the nature of the premises, using one of several kinds of composition as self-leveling floor. Here are the basic types of self-leveling (leveling) mix:
- cement and acrylic;
- methyl methacrylate.
For residential (living room, bedroom, bathroom) is generally used polyurethane mixtures for leveling floors. Such blends have an attractive sheen and a variety of colors.
An important consideration when choosing a mixture for the fillingFloor is a characteristic such as the time of drying the mixture applied to the floor. If you want to apply multiple layers, for example, when you create a 3D floor, this information will help you plan the work properly.
Tools for working on self-leveling floor
So, you have chosen the right mixture, decided on the color and type of self-leveling floor. Getting Started, prepare all the tools. Here is everything you need to create a self-leveling floor:
- Spatula for smoothing solution;
- Needle roller;
- electric drill for mixing the solution (with attachment);
- capacity to prepare a mixture of not less than 20 liters;
- polyethylene film;
- squeegee to adjust the solution layer;
- special pads for shoes, to navigate through the application of the liquid layer.
Now that all the tools are selected, proceed to the process of self-leveling floor installation in the home and in the home.
> Self-leveling floor with their hands: step by step instructions
- We are the first prepare the surface, Which will apply the self-leveling floor. For concrete base humidity should be around 4%, but not more than this value. If a new concrete base, its age should be not less than 30 days, that is approximately 1 month. In the case of installation on the old concrete base, it will need to be thoroughly cleaned from fine dust, the dust is removed with a vacuum cleaner. If required by a need to fix mortar chipped and cracked. After these works need to check the horizontality using the line-level, about two meters long.
The room in which the work will be carried out,should be at a temperature in the range 8 - 20 0C, humidity should be about 50-70%, which helps to avoid condensation. Also take care to eliminate the drafts.
- Using a drill with paddle-mixer, solvent mixtureObserving the proportions specified in the instructions. At the beginning of this operation, be sure to pour the dry mix into the water to avoid the formation of lumps, it is absolutely inadmissible to create self-leveling floor.
- Finally, we begin to create a self-leveling floor. Most often, the main stage takes a little time. The prepared slurry evenly spill on the floor, as we know, in advanceprepared. If the area of the room where the work is carried out, it is very large, you should not try to fill it immediately. Using special dividers, can carry out this work on the sites. Once cooked whole mixture poured onto the floor, is adjustable by means of a doctor blade the required layer thickness, uniformly distributing the mixture over the entire area of the room.
It should be noted that during the fillingsex, you need to move from the far corner of the room, toward the exit. Also at this stage it is impossible to do work breaks, you need to spend the fill of the room (the room) at once. The variant of work together when one master pours the solution, and the second leveled surface of the liquid mass, using a spiked roller.
- Once the solution has been filled in, and evenly distributed around the room, you need to use a roller (needle) to eliminate bubbles air. If you do not, then after drying the solution may appear the so-called "lunar craters." If the mixture is applied in several layers, you must first wait for the complete drying of the first layer, it should not remain wet dark spots. Usually, the drying layer 3 mm thick, it takes about 24 hours.