Paving circulated as the material used for finishing walkways, sidewalks, pavings, squares, streets and similar objects exterior and gardens.
Tile positive characteristics differin terms of operation, among which are the ease of installation, durability use, high strength, aesthetic appearance, and many others.
The modern market offers a wide range ofpossible production of material options, so every owner of the site can express their design achievements. Description of how the laying paving slabs made with his own hands, is dedicated to the following material.
Circuits and methods for stacking
Before proceeding to the description of the technologystacking, it is worth considering the existing methods and schemes paving laying. It is important to understand that finishing paving slabs is part of the overall work on the creation of landscaping, the territory and the choice of a particular scheme of laying must be carried out in accordance with a certain style.
Among the most common schemes of laying can be identified:
- The classical scheme. Here we have in mind that the tiles are laid parallel to each other in rows, where the junction of the two previous series of bars located in the middle of the next tile width.
- Linear and angular scheme. In such an embodiment, tiling stacked in rows, but the individual tiles are arranged at an angle relative to each other, resulting in a pattern resembling a Christmas tree.
- diagonal scheme. Laying tiles on such a scheme reminiscent of the classic version, but with the appropriate differences.
- block diagram. Tile is stacked units, which include two or more elements.
- Art scheme. Here we are talking about a variety of laying schemes, independent of the level of skill and artist design considerations.
All of these schemes can be combined with each other, that, if desired, allows for a unique appearance.
Materials and tools
The key to a successful outcome of actions iscareful preparation, namely, the need to purchase and store the necessary materials and technical devices. This will optimize the workflow, resulting in a savings of time and effort. For paving laying his hands need:
- Angular-grinder with cutting disc set in stone.
- Rubber Mallet.
- Measuring devices: tape, building level.
- Master OK.
- Special rules length of about 1.5 meters.
- The marker material. Strong cord, wooden or metal stakes, pencil and so on.
- Shovels and bayonet spade.
- Curbs to limit the area.
We should not forget that for laying paving slabs need to clean sand without impurities, in amounts, depending on the territory, planned under the finish.
Laying of paving slabs with their hands: step by step instructions
Upon completion of the above steps, you canmove on to direct the works Paving slab laying his hands. To achieve quality results they should be divided into several stages, which should carry out in sequence.
The work should start with the preparation of the site to them. Here we are talking about carrying all the measuring and marking work. Special attention should be paid to the definition of so-called zero level. As the use thereof, the lowest portion of the point from which all further measurements are made. Also note that the width of the area of the operations should be selected on the basis of a single tile width. Ideally, the width should fall only whole tile.
In addition, subject to dismantle the old thingscover, if any, of the decor and fixture canopies, as well as all other elements of the exterior, which may affect the work process, such as poles, towers and more. After this area is aligned with the taking into account zero. In all areas of work necessary to remove the surface layer with a depth of about 15 cm, after which the groove is filled with rubble melkodisperstnym (if soft soil) and sand. The layers of compacted, thus forming a pillow cushioning needed for further work.
At this stage you are installingSpecial beacons, which bude equalized basis. As these elements can be used profile tubes required section. Pipes are placed on a level, then poured a layer of sand, which is aligned with the help of rules. After removal of the beacons, and the remaining space is filled with sand and leveled.
This is followed by setting restrictive curbson the perimeter of the site. These elements are established strictly on the level, close to each other. On the inside and the outside of the block, you must use a trowel apply a layer of cement-sand mortar for fixing them. Mixture is sand and cement compound in a proportion of 1/3, after which the mixture was diluted with water to acquire dense and homogenous. If necessary, you can cut off the Bulgarian borders with the corresponding cutting discs.
Upon completion of the previous steps, you can continuefor laying tile itself. There still is relatively simple - the elements are stacked at a distance of about 5 mm from each other, according to the scheme previously selected. special mounting crosses are used to control the width of the gap. Works produced by successive rows of the entire area. After installation is complete, the produced grouting. For this use a dry mixture of sand and cement.
At the main stages of laying paving slabs can be considered completed.
In addition to this, you can addSome tips on how to select the optimal scheme of placing and carrying out the works themselves, which will organize the work better, and it has a positive impact on the quality.
- Purchase of tiles should be done with some margin in case you need fit the pattern, marriage, and other factors.
- When cutting tiles does not necessarily cut it for all thickness. For this will be enough small piece of text, and then splits off light tiles blow mallet.
- If for some reason the whole laying tiles onthe width of the area is not possible, fit a joint worth produce not close to the curb, and 2 tiles away. So visually truncated elements get lost.
- When selecting stacking scheme should take into account that the transverse relative to the observer pattern is visually expand the area, and a longitudinal method of laying make it longer in perception.
- The mixture of grout is best to prepare from cement and sand in a ratio of 1/6. The first rain to turn the surface tiled in virtually monolithic coating.
Among other things, working with paving tiles is necessary to observe the general safety and to comply with all the technological rules for work.
Laying of paving slabs with their own hands: video
To provide the most complete and holisticthe perception of the material, it is recommended to get acquainted with thematic video below. The material demonstrates laying paving slabs on the plot as a pedestrian walkway and the blind area of the foundation at the same time. The video clearly shows all the stages of work that will facilitate the understanding of their essence.