Making stone arch structures becomesmore and more popular. This design decision allows to give the room a particular style, as well as greatly facilitate the cleaning procedure for doorways that are most exposed to rapid contamination. Decorative stone does not require special care for themselves, is reliable and durable in operation, not affected by various fungi, corrosion, and is absolutely harmless to the health of residents. Carry out all work on the decoration of the arch stone can practically every. To do this, you need to know the rules of selection of material and styling features.
- How to choose a decorative stone for the decoration of the arches
- The choice facing stone color
- The correct choice of adhesive
- The rules and secrets of laying facing stone from the experts
Arch can change room beyond recognition, he adds grace and attractiveness
How to choose a decorative stone for the decoration of the arches
Manufacturers have taken care of ornamental stonea large selection of their products. Finishing material has a great variety of textures and colors. The most popular material is considered to be: an imitation of limestone, granite, slate, marble and travertine, but the texture can be chosen smooth or rough and reminiscent of raw stone.
With the help of the arch can visually enlarge the space of your room
If the arches finish will be on the facadebuildings, choose your preferred stop on a natural material that best retains its protective properties. For decorating the arches inside the room, the protective properties of the material were not significant. The main selection criteria are appearance and base lining material.
Regardless of any type and form of the arch, she can decorate any room
Basis of decorative stone can be madequartzite or acrylic, which are lightweight materials and are better suited for the decoration of the arch. Such materials are lighter and are safer to stay on the pitches. But if a firm arch warping, you can opt for finishing the tile with a plaster, alabaster or cement-sand base. For example:
1. For the construction of the drywall is the best flexible and lightweight material made of acrylic. It does not hurt, it does not deform the structure and is easy to be fixed on its surface. Suitably, may be an option, and with tiles made of plaster.
2. Plastered and made of brick arch, decorated with stone facing, which is made on the cement-sand mortar.
Arch is the architectural element, which depends on the overall design of the room
Hint: it is desirable to select a finishing material on the same basis as the surface on which it is fixed in order to achieve better adhesion to the base tile.
Another secret of a successful choice facingmaterial - to give preference to narrow tile form that is easier to lay on the flowing lines of the arch. And to make it easier to work with angular design parts, you can use the appropriate angle for this product, which will effortlessly draw angles.
The choice facing stone color
Decorative stone has a large palette of colors. Common users without any design skills to choose and focus on one form hard. A few tips to help make it easier to select and create a unique design of the room:
1. If the idea was to create a nautical theme, you can take the tile corresponding to the color of natural sand. This arch, and the whole room will look like a sea floor, and blue or turquoise ceiling as sea surface. Good suitable stone cold and blue. Supplement the design will be plenty of live flowers, which will serve as a kind of seaweed.
Modern arch design allows to divide the room into zones
2. For the rooms, where are held festivals, is well suited tiles, imitating marble, and preferably in light colors. This option will give a room of elegance and festivity.
Arch with a decorative trim looks quite interesting in any room
3. Arches, which are located closer to the front door, it is better to decorate the tiles of dark shades. These places are most exposed to various types of pollution. Dark option allows tiles to hide them.
Such an option would allow property owners to finish to fully express their individuality
4. Tile, repeating the color and texture of natural stone, is well suited for ideas in creating a kind of entrance to the castle.
Elegant and stylish design of the arch structure is always in fashion
Tip: Choosing facing tile dark shades, is well thought out the future of lighting in the room. Otherwise, graceful arch turned into the entrance to a dark cave.
The correct choice of adhesive
Each variety has a decorative stoneyour weight, and universal glue for all surfaces has not come up, so the adhesive is selected only after the acquisition of a facing material. In this case, the price - it is secondary to what to look for, the important thing here quality and correct selection of materials.
Decorative stone, depending on the color and texture, can be used in different styles of interior
Do not forget that the laying plateIt is made not only on the vertical surfaces. Facing the arch - a factor which should be paid special attention, because the lining material will continuously affect the power of his separation. Rules for the choice of the adhesive composition that will achieve good adhesion surfaces:
• alabaster or gypsum tile option, well fixed on concrete or drywall surfaces, if you pick up the adhesive, which is based on part of the gypsum;
• If the surface of the plaster and tile is made of quartzite or acrylic, an excellent option is selected glue "liquid nails";
• sand-cement products - adhesive, which is based on part of the cement (or you can use a concrete solution).
Tip: To decorate the arches, which are located outside the rooms and where the ambient temperature is lower than 5, you need a special adhesive designed brand. This fact is taken into account when choosing.
On the packaging of any adhesive should be instruction that accurately indicate the properties of the selected material.
The rules and secrets of laying facing stone from the experts
Starts arch decorated with the preparation of its surface.
• removed the old wallpaper, paint or whitewash;
• walls are well aligned and stripped;
• surface is primed for future arch.
Primer need for bonding between a smallwall particle. This will ensure the best fit. Picked soil material, depending on the foundations of the walls. For concrete and monolithic bases is better to buy a special adhesive primer such as "Betonokontakt".
Finishing arches decorative stone begins with step surface preparation
Arch turned to a harmonious, all the elementsshould be removed from the packages and mixed. Then arrange them on the floor and to place in the version that will look the most advantageous. To take into account this texture of stone, its colors and sizes. Darker tones mixed with bright tones and short elements are distributed between long parts.
Arch with a decorative stone in finished form looks very impressive
The base of the arch is prepared, each individual item found its place, and the adhesive is mixed according to instructions - you can start installation.
1. All decorated stone laying starts from the lower ranks. Between the elements will need to leave a gap of about 4 mm, which will serve as a seam. Angles easier to decorate the cornerstone, but if this has not been purchased, the number of stacked plates each overlapping. In future, compliance with this rule will help avoid alignment angle.
Laying decorative stone is quite simple to make your own hands
2. When installing each item checked its horizontality. Correct stone into the desired position, will help light tapping with the back of a screwdriver on its surface. These actions will also help to find a place where the air was left under the tile. Its presence prevents good adhesion surfaces, which means the element will have to remove, clean and re-stick.
3. Arc de Triomphe hardest section. Every stone here will have initially trimmed to the desired radius. For these purposes, use clippers (circular saw is used for hard choices tiles). Advice from experts: Do not immediately try to break off a piece of the tile layout. It can break off in another place. Bite off small pieces is gradually moving to the desired mark.
Construction of the arch - one of the ways to add expressiveness living room
4. The edges of the trimmed element zashlifovyvayut a file on stone.
5. Tile is ready for installation, but do not hurry. Each element should be inspected for the presence of laitance on the back side thereof. This thin foam layer worsen the clutch, and the stone will fall quickly. If this layer has been detected, it is possible to remove the metal brush. Increased temperature in the room can be an obstacle for the qualitative adhesion surfaces. To solve this problem, you can - soaking the back side of the wafer with water.
Finishing decorative stone - hard work, but the result is worth it
6. The adhesive weight is applied evenly on both the wall and on the back side of each element, but its layer must not exceed 10 mm, otherwise the stone will continue to slide, breaking all poryadovkoy.
Grouting is carried out only after completedrying design (after about two days). This procedure applies a special syringe that is filled with a solution for joints. Neat movements without unnecessary compressions on a stone, smoothed solution. For this purpose, use a rubber spatula or brush. Clean the tile surface can with a sponge and a soft cloth. To protect the coating from abrasions as possible, causing him acrylic lacquer.