French Provence style is very southern and veryfamily style. In the interior it implies the presence of antiques reminiscent of the "good old days". A distinctive feature of interior design in the style of Provence is its orientation on a sunny day rural life in southern France.
The main elements of the French Provence style.
- The white walls and the entire interior as a whole.
- The decor of walls, floors, furniture, with the effect of "antique".
- For lining the walls or floors using ceramic tiles with a simple pattern.
- Decorating the walls "under a brick" or "under the natural stone".
- The pastel colors of the walls in colors.
- Mandatory use of natural materials with the natural structure of stone and wood.
- Walls made of wood and fabric elements.
- Wrought iron furniture and decor items.
- Simple wooden furniture.
- Ceiling wooden beams.
- The height of the drawers and cabinets tables - below average.
The interior design in the style of Provence oftenuse the following range of colors: a lot of white, cream-white, sand, discreet lavender, muted indigo, terracotta, light gray. All colors are chosen moderates, like sun-bleached colors. The most recognizable color combination of French style of Provence - it is white, indigo and lavender. An important feature of this cozy style - it is a complete lack of dark and flashy colors.
For this cozy family nest in anycountry of the world is usually inherent in the set, cherished hosts various figurines, souvenirs, dolls, and other little things that bind generations of invisible strings. Provence style interior design necessarily filled with a whole set of souvenirs.
A feature of the selection of these accessories need to choose simple interior but charming objects. From which you can choose:
- Terracotta ceramics, fireclay (a kind of clay) simplified form.
- Pots, iron or ceramic with elegant ribbons, filled with lavender or spices.
- Small ceramic panels painted.
- Images of animals, flowers, landscapes in simple wooden frames, small or medium size.
- Forged accessories to decorate the walls.
- Wicker furniture elements.
- Furnished with floral painting or decoupage.
- Casket and bags of cotton or linen cloth.
- Openwork lace and tulle.
- Handmade covers.
- Mats associated with their own hands.
Continue the list is still quite long, as thealready mentioned, the French Provencal style decor consists of many elements, as accumulated by any generation. The simplicity of the style is very deceptive, creating an environment of southern France requires quite a serious preparation and not only knowledge but also great taste, haste and sharpness it is not inherent, so the interior should create a calm, measured, leisurely.
Photos of design in the style of Provence: Living.
Photos of design in the style of Provence kitchen.
Photos of design in the style of Provence: a bedroom.
Photos of design in the style of Provence: a children's room.
Provence style in the interior of a child's room for the newborn girl.
Photos of design in the style of Provence: the bathroom.