Shabby-chic style in the interior appeared in the late twentieth century. Its founder was the designer, buy old furniture and give her a new life with the help of decorating techniques.
For starters Rachel Ashwell created a design styleShabby-chic in his house, and then spread its principles throughout the world. Although originally this gentle and largely "female" style of good old England, but it is possible to track and clean, classic lines of Swedish design, and pretty simple French country houses.
The room in this style takes us into the atmospheresummer, sun, idle carelessness. Even if the window autumn rain, there is always light and joy. "Chebbi" is translated as "shabby". Most likely, this style got its name because it is used in a large number of old, worn furniture and other vintage items, bearing the imprint of time.
The main colors of the design in the style Shabby-chic - white, pastel pink, the same blue. It is particularly important that in such colors has been sustained and furniture.
All items used in the design space have to be feminine, delicate, light.
Shabby-chic style in the interior is not possible withoutreal things from the past. We'll have to dig around at flea markets and bazaars, searching for pieces of furniture, dishes, perhaps the technique of the fifties of the twentieth century.
You want to arrange space in this style? Here are a few rules that will help to achieve this:
- Choose painted furniture. Its color should be bright, pastel: light blue, pink, or pure white.
- Include the interior things of the past.
- Mix styles and materials. In the style Shabby-chic interior well will be combined wood and wrought iron.
- Avoid straight lines. Curved mirrors, lampshades with fringed pillow with ruffles and floral prints - signs style.
- The room in this style should be decorated only with natural textiles or pastel tones, or with a floral pattern. Welcomes the use of lace details - napkins, capes.
- Walls trim "aged" with plaster, painted in pastel colors or wallpaper with a floral pattern.
The beauty Shabby-chic style design - each in its vicinity. He recalls the golden age - our childhood, and my grandmother's house in the summer sun village.