Finishing the interior decorative stone - a greatway to give it originality, uniqueness and elegance. The versatility of the stone can be used in any room as a destination in the living room, kitchen, bedroom, and in sanitary areas.
Decorative stones both natural andartificial, trim the walls and floors, it is made window sills, countertops, large decorative objects - vases, portals, fireplaces and more. The use of artificial stone decorative interior preferable - in addition to that it is considerably more budget material than natural stone, it allows to produce items of complex shape and large size.
The process of decorative stone production
The process of creating an artificial stone is held inseveral steps. First, it creates a composite mixture of comminuted plastic and natural materials. Then this mixture under pressure and at elevated temperature is poured into the prepared mold and compressed to obtain the desired product. At the same time, you can get almost any color and texture of the finished stone is simulating natural and deliberately "artificial" bright - designers use them to create the interiors of modern styles.
In the interior decorative stone often used following types of synthetic material:
- Porcelain tiles - are prepared from clay, silica sand, feldspar and water by dry pressing and subsequent sintering;
- Agglomerates - a mixture of natural silica (91 - 93%), polyester resins and color pigments.
- Decorative stone molding - a material based on cement with addition of pigments and minerals, differs practicality and low price.
Most often in the decoration of houses used stoneon the basis of cement - this is due to the simplicity of manufacture, affecting the final price of the product, as well as the ability to simulate with the help of virtually any natural material, and create unusual, expressive decorative solutions.
Benefits of decorative stone
Finishing the interior decorative stone has advantages due to its properties:
- It is resistant to mechanical stressmaterial. It is difficult to scratch or crack, making it possible to decorate those parts of the premises, which are easy to lose appearance (portals, windows, sills, projecting corners of walls). High resistance to wear ensures a high durability.
- Fireproof material, it does not burn under any circumstances.
- Artificial Stone does not give off the air of toxic substances, is safe for human health and the environment.
- The material can withstand large temperature changes, it can be used in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Artificial stone is resistant to mold and mildew infestation.
- It is quite lightweight material, which excludes the additional strengthening of the walls before finishing.
- Artificial decorative stone in the interiorlong retains its aesthetic appeal. Caring for them is simple - cleaning with a damp cloth when they are dirty, you can also use detergents.
- The material has a wide range of colors and textures, which lets you select the desired option for virtually any interior design in every possible style - from classic to hi-tech.
The use of artificial stone asmaterial for finishing the interior can not only give it originality and expressiveness, but also to further improve functionality, as well as a long time without repair to maintain an attractive and neat appearance.
Council: In the interior decorative stone is necessary to observe a sense of proportion to the merits of this finishing material is not turned into disadvantages. You can not finish them all the area of the walls - it is visually reduce the space. Also, do not combine different types of stone in one interior - it weights its perception.
Proper use of the design of the opportunities offered artificial stone, will help make any room as convenient, comfortable and with a high-tech.
Decorative stone in the interior
Kitchen, living room, hallway or loggia - anythe room can be decorated with the help of interior trim with decorative stone. He will divide the room into functional areas, or combined into one meaningful whole different part of the room for its intended purpose. For example, a kitchen area and living room can be divided into an arch or a partition made of artificial stone.
Living room. If the living room has a fireplace, it is usually trim stone - it is a beautiful and traditional solution. In cold weather, the stones are heated by a fireplace fire, and then long to give off heat to the surroundings. In the hot summer they heat up very slowly, and keep in a cool room.
Artificial decorative stone in the interiorliving rooms used for decoration of portals fireplace mantel shelves, shelves, arched niche and designs, as well as the window sills are made of it, console tables and other items.
Kitchen. To make the kitchen a stone - one of the best materials. It looks elegant, easy to care for him, because it is possible to make the countertop of any shape, including those with built-in sink, and countertop may include a window sill - and it will all be one. Because not only do stone countertops, but also aprons, bar counters, alcoves and other kitchen items.
Bedroom. Some styles, such as country or eco-style interior design with decorative stone is used even in the bedrooms. At the same time it is used on one wall, more often - in the headboard.
Entrance area. Entrance hall - the place where the use of stone in the interior could not be more justified. Finishing stone will last a long time without changing the appearance. In that case, if the hall is large, it will decorate the stone columns and arches.