Choose blinds on the windows of all the diversity amongthe options are not so simple. Each type of blinds has its positive and negative aspects. All of them are able to protect against too much light, to hide from prying views, but what will suit you? To understand this, you need to get acquainted with various kinds of designs available on the market.
All types of blinds for windows are divided by type into two main types:
First, with the slats (bars), aimedparallel to the ceiling - more traditional, and often used in offices. The second, in which the fins are perpendicular to the ceiling, are considered more suitable for living rooms.
There are also blinds according to the method of fastening:
- fixation is a window opening (on the frame or on the wall)
- fixing for each casement.
This wall can be mounted both horizontaland vertical blinds. Quite often used mount directly to each leaf, but it is only valid for mounting horizontal blinds.
When choosing blinds need to determine how to open. They are two:
The second method is mainly used where it is impossible to "manual" control. This may be the window of the "second world", which does not get close without ladders or blinds at the top of windows with arches.
Shutters can be made of different materials, it is from this its price it depends.
This is the most common and least expensive material for the manufacture of blinds. Of all types of blinds for windows that provides perhaps the greatest opportunity at registration of premises.
Aluminum strips may be coloredin almost any color, be smooth or matte, with a surface resembling velvet, there is also a "perforated" slats - passing through the perforations in aluminum light creates a whimsical play of light and shadow.
- If you are going to choose the blinds on the windows of aluminum, the main advantage will be the ease of cleaning: wipe with a damp cloth rather slats.
- They are well reflect sunlight.
- The room temperature in the summer is lower by two or three degrees.
- Aluminium fins are very thin, so easy to bend, jam.
- It is better not to hang them on those windows that are frequently open.
- Another negative - "Rumble" sipes in the wind at airing the room.
If your choice of wood blinds, be prepared forsolid spending. Wood and generally an expensive material, and wood for slats - in particular. On this good or Canadian linden, cork or wood, are rare and expensive breed. Sometimes used slats of specially treated pine, decorate the interior with natural wood pattern.
- Wooden blinds are environmentally friendly and serve a long time.
- Robust, can withstand temperature changes.
- Wood is suitable for almost any decor and makes it more expressive.
- Wooden planks have enough considerable weight for the production of the thickness of the slats, so big blinds of them do not, moreover, the special requirements for fastening reliability.
- Wash these shutters can not, you can just wipe with a dry cloth or a vacuum cleaner.
Among all types of blinds for the windows a special placetake plastic. This material is inexpensive, fairly durable and resistant. It can be used in the production of both horizontal and vertical blinds. In addition, the plastic can be given any texture, shape and color, and it means - it will be easy to pick up the blinds to any interior.
- Maintain heating.
- Admit wet cleaning.
- A more durable and resistant to deformation than aluminum.
- Cheap low-quality plastic can quickly burn out and collapse as a result of constant heating (for example, by placing the battery under the window).
For decorating living rooms, designers are advisedchoose the blinds on the window of the tissue. Typically, these designs for vertical blinds. They differ in a variety of shapes slats - they can not just be straight strips, and have a bevel cut or shape of a semicircle.
The denser the fabric slats - the more lifeservices blinds. It depends on the density and light transmission. For the bedroom, you can choose fabric blinds coated on the outside layer of impenetrable light rays.
- The fabric, which is made of slats, does not fade.
- Durable, easy to wash by hand. Typically, the basis of this fabric - polyester fiber.
- As in the case of plastic, disadvantages arise from the use of cheap low quality fabric when manufacturing blinds.
- This fabric can fade quickly and become deformed.
Useful advice when choosing blinds
When choosing blinds vertical mounting, pay attention to the following points:
- Before making a purchase, decide - which way the blinds should be shifted.
- Check whether the creaking mechanism is not stuck in traffic there. Shutters should move smoothly and silently.
- Correctly count the width of the blinds if they are attached to the wall, you have to add 10-15 cm on each side of the window opening.
- The height of the blinds should be less than the height of the opening in which they are mounted, at least two centimeters to not formed on the bottom of the folds.
- Venetian blind "to the floor" should not reach him by five centimeters, to be opened and closed freely.